Destinations Kenya herein referred to as; “us”, “we”, or “our”, operates the https://www.destinationskenya.com website (the “Service”).
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping client information secure and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Destinations Kenya. Here then, is our promise to our individual site visitors:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our clients share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of visitor information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our clients, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or as required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
Information We Collect
When you register, and at other times, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and facts about your computer.
We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. In addition, if a user is under 18, unless consent is obtained from your parent/guardian, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Web Site Usage Information:
We automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you visit our website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our site on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and customers to each web page, and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may combine the information that we collect from you on https://www.destinationskenya.com with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and website.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and customers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our website or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Destinations Kenya aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Destinations Kenya. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing https://www.destinationskenya.com and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Comments and Questions